Monday, June 4, 2012

1st Blog!

Monday June 4th 2012
I started training for my first ultramarathon last week. There are many blogs that contain useful information on how to train, what gear works good, diet recommendations, training plans and useful race reports. This blog will contain none of them. There is no indication that I have the slightest clue on how a slow runner who can barely run 8 miles on the road can miraculously finish a 31.1 mile (50 kilometers - I looked that up) in November without being carried out on a stretcher. So I think I should preface all entries into this blog by stating that if you follow my path, you are certain to at least achieve a mild form of complete failure, if not a severe form that may include up to and including hospilizations and probable ridicule from friends and family (of which I am quite accustomed to). Since my mantra is Do as I Don't, I felt compelled to title this blog Relentless Backward Motion by the Ultra-Idiot. I welcome you to my world of misadventure. May my odds never be in your favor!

1 comment: