Thursday, June 7, 2012

6 Horseman Takin' Me To The Buryin' Ground

After delays getting out of work, I walked outside and was happy to feel the cooler air. I decided, despite it being later than planned, to hit the Trinity Trail. Today's plan officially called for 2.5 miles. I was actually thinking of combining yesterday's miss with today's 2.5 miles and getting completely on schedule. But it was too late. I headed to the start point and took off slow. I forgot to stretch my tight groin (probably better because children were present). After 1.2 miles, I started to look for my turn around point. As I looked ahead, I saw 6 horsemen taking up the trail about 1/4 mile away. I don't know about you, but due to my extensive blues experience, I know this is not a good sign. I turned around immediately and headed back to the start. I am sure the horsemen either laughed at my fear or cursed my escape of death. I made it back to the car and squealed out of the parking lot. I am still breathing but I will be up all night watching the window for those guys. 2.5 miles and still breathing! I attached a picture from the start of the run. I was too busy escaping death to take any more pictures. And this write up probably took longer than the run. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment